Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guerilla Marketing.... Can be effective.

To be honest living in Ottawa I find there isn't enough creative and interesting guerilla marketing out there. Here in Ottawa it seems that companies stick to more conventional advertising which can get pretty boring. Except in bars there's sometimes funny advertisements above the urinals. Can't remember exactly what these ads said (for obvious reasons in a bar) but I remember stopping and saying to myself... huh, thats funny... mostly some double entendre copy is used. But other than that I don't really notice too much guerilla marketing at all, well non that absolutely jumps out at me as effective or a disaster. 

But going to New York I remember seeing people walking around with T.V's attached to them on a school bag. I find its a different way of promoting something, but I don't find it necessary, its interesting but the concept or message may have nothing to do with this. I find good geurilla marketing is used in situations that best fit the message and concept used for a campaign. 

I find this website here provides great examples of well executed guerilla marketing campaigns. 
http://www.startupottawa.com/?p=294

No comments:

Post a Comment