Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Brand Utilities!

So I have a bunch of widgets on my dashboard for my laptop that are brand utilities. My favorite brand utility I use constantly is my ESPN scoreboard widget. It’s operated by ESPN and keeps you updated on scores and everything else to do with the NHL. I also use The Weather Network widget keeping me up to date with the weather. Also the Google widget that lets me search on Google from my dashboard works great as well.

 

I don’t use too many utilities that are actually branded, I have this no-name measurement converter on my dashboard, but a brand that might have missed out on this utility could be “Buffalo Rulers” or something like that, or a car company can create a brand utility like a phone app that talks about road conditions and up to the minute updates.

 

I don’t know if this was actually mentioned, but I recently saw a gorilla marketing campaign that had a picture booth set up and what not on the streets. But I was thinking maybe Polaroid could do it with their instant photographs, because normally people have to wait a while for those pictures. But since Polaroid is instant and bigger people may enjoy it better how it captures their moment. I also think everybody is looking for deals on beer, whenever there is a deal on cases of beer, me and my friends want to know about it. So I thought it may be a smart idea if the Beer Store or actual beer companies created a widget for beer suggestions, and upcoming deals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment